We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This once exotic product is now firmly established in our daily life, enriching it in the gastronomic, medical and cosmetic plans.
Is ginger root useful to humans, what is it used for? What are its medicinal properties, are there only advantages in using the plant or are there also disadvantages? You will learn about this and much more from the article. Let's talk about the effect of the root on children's, female and male organisms.
In what forms is it used?
This root can be used in the following forms:
The chemical composition of the medicinal root crop
With a caloric content of 80 kcal per 100 g of product, fresh ginger, in addition to a solid amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, contains a lot of nutrients. What set of vitamins does a plant that has unique properties include? Ginger is rich in:
- thiamine (B1);
- riboflavin (B2);
- nicotinic acid (B3);
- choline (B4);
- pantothenic acid (B5);
- pyridoxine (B6);
- folic acid (B9);
- cyanocobalamin (B12);
- ascorbic acid (C);
- calciferol (D);
- tocopherol (E);
- biotin (H);
- phylloquinone (K).
Micro- and macroelements are presented in the form:
In addition, ginger contains:
- resinous substances;
- essential oils;
- nonessential and essential amino acids.
Read more about the chemical composition of ginger here.
Why does a person use a plant and what is its usefulness?
This nutrient-rich composition of this product predetermines its health benefits.
Moderate and competent reception of it contributes to:
- a noticeable strengthening of the immune system, which is most clearly manifested in the prevention of colds;
- optimizing the functioning of the digestive system;
- reduction and even relief of pain symptoms in muscle mass and joints;
- thinning blood;
- activation of the thyroid gland;
- elimination of stomach cramps;
- strengthening the walls of blood vessels;
- lowering the level of bad cholesterol in the blood;
- stimulating brain activity;
- strengthening the heart muscle;
- overcoming attacks of nausea and leveling the consequences of toxicosis in pregnant women;
- removal of gases from the intestines;
- relief of pain in women on critical days;
- burning excess body fat and, accordingly, losing weight;
- inhibition of inflammatory processes in the body due to its bactericidal, anti-inflammatory properties;
- increased sweating;
- stimulation of cell metabolism;
- destruction of parasites in the intestines.
How ginger affects the body is described in this material.
Benefits for the body of men
In addition to the ability of ginger root to significantly and in a wide range improve human health, it is also able to solve specific problems that arise in the male body.
By strengthening its immune system, ginger simultaneously stimulates:
- the production of the male sex hormone testosterone;
- energy saturation of the male body;
- improving well-being during a severe hangover.
We suggest watching a video about the benefits of ginger for men's health:
How does it affect women?
What diseases does ginger treat in women, what does the plant give?
- Ginger is especially demanded by women on critical days for its ability to help women cope with pain.
- In addition, this product helps pregnant women in the first trimester to cope with the manifestations of toxicosis.
- It also acts as an effective antidepressant that helps women well with nervous exhaustion.
- The root is useful for the fair sex and for weight loss due to its fat-burning properties.
- Ginger tea has a very high quality effect on women with chills, dizziness and other similar ailments.
We suggest watching a video about the benefits of ginger for women's health:
The rich set of nutrients contained in this root can have a significant positive effect on the body of a little person. However, due to the possible danger of causing allergies ginger is not recommended for children under the age of two.
Most often, drugs based on ginger have indications for use in colds in the form of tea, infusions and inhalations. From the age of seven, children are allowed to use the ginger product as a flavoring additive to various dishes and drinks.
The main point of these supplements, in addition to their high gastronomic qualities, is the ability of the product to strengthen the immune system of the child.
What is harmful?
Against the background of a wide palette of useful qualities of ginger for human health, the harm from this product does not look so impressive. However, if misused, the root can create noticeable problems and become harmful to human health.
This can occur when:
- excessive amounts of consumed product;
- a cold with a high fever, in which the use of ginger root can significantly aggravate the situation;
- bleeding, as ginger thins the blood;
- hot weather, as the perspiration-promoting properties of the product can lead to very rapid dehydration;
- gastrointestinal diseases, in which pickled ginger can exacerbate the disease.
When and to whom should you not give
The possible harm that a product can inflict on a person with excessive and illiterate use determines contraindications to its use. However, the main contraindication, which does not depend on the correct or incorrect use of the product, is its individual intolerance to this or that person, inherent in one way or another to absolutely all food products.
Besides, ginger root is contraindicated:
- suffering from ischemic heart disease;
- being in a pre-infarction state;
- with diabetes mellitus 1 degree, especially children;
- with gastritis;
- suffering from gastric or intestinal ulcer;
- with hepatitis;
- with gallstone disease;
- with diverticulosis;
- nursing mothers;
- during pregnancy, if there is a prohibition on the part of the attending physician;
- suffering from esophageal reflux;
- with cirrhosis of the liver;
- children under 2 years old.
How much should you eat without harm to health?
To correctly determine the daily dosage of this product, it should be borne in mind that a dose of up to 2 g in powder form corresponds to 10 g of fresh root, which is a piece of it about 7 mm wide. This is the maximum daily dose that a healthy person can take painlessly. In this case, a single dose should not exceed 3 g of fresh root.
Does it affect weight loss and how to take it?
Improving metabolism in the body, stimulating the processes of digestion and excretion of waste products, the ginger product thereby promotes the active combustion of fat deposits and, as a result, weight loss.
At the same time, the tonic properties of the root are of great importance, which, filling a person with energy, allow him to move more actively, to exercise more successfully in the morning and to jog.
Most often for weight loss, ginger root is used in the form of drinks: teas, infusions and decoctions. You can also use the product in powder form as a spice added to various dishes.
We suggest watching a video about the benefits of ginger for weight loss:
List of diseases that helps
The main merit of ginger is that it strengthens the immune system, which helps to treat many ailments.
Therefore, in the first place in the list of diseases from which the product helps, there are colds, with which the root also fights through its anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, antimicrobial qualities. The product helps to successfully resist:
- sore throat;
- otitis media;
- dental and gum disease;
- pain syndromes of various origins;
- liver diseases, except for acute forms such as hepatitis;
- Alzheimer's disease, which is favored by the ability of ginger root to inhibit the destruction of brain cells.
We offer you to watch a video about the benefits of ginger for various diseases:
Various recipes for wellness
As such supplements that have an effect on the body, strengthen health and improve the appearance of a person, teas, infusions, decoctions, powders based on ginger root are used.
- grated ginger - 3 tbsp. l .;
- water - 2 l.;
- lemon juice - 4 tbsp. l .;
- cinnamon - 1 stick;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- sugar or honey to taste.
- The water is brought to a boil.
- Pour chopped ginger root into boiling water.
- Insist the drink until it cools.
- Add lemon juice to it.
- Put honey or sugar in the infusion to taste.
- If the infusion is intended for a slimming procedure, then honey or sugar is not added, and garlic cloves are placed instead of lemon juice.
Use: Drink infusion in a warm form, half a glass 3 times a day after meals.
We offer you to watch a video recipe for making an infusion based on ginger:
Ginger can improve not only human health, but also its appearance. Masks based on this plant are in great demand in this regard.
Here is a recipe for one of them, which helps to tighten the facial oval, activate blood circulation and smooth wrinkles.
- ginger root - 65 gr.;
- apple fruit - 0.5 pcs.;
- persimmon fruit - 0.5 pcs.;
- almond oil - 18 ml.
- Peel the ginger root and fruit and grind in a blender.
- Add almond oil to the mixture.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Wipe your face with chamomile infusion.
- Take a lying position.
- Apply the mask to the face and neck without touching the mouth and eyelids.
- After 10 minutes. remove the mask from the face, after which do not go outside for a couple of hours.
- The course of face and neck rejuvenation lasts about 2 weeks, and after a short break it is extended for another 3 weeks.
We offer you to watch a video recipe for making a face mask with ginger:
What are the side effects of medicinal use?
Like any drug, this root, when used for medicinal purposes, can in some cases exhibit undesirable side effects on the human body.
The most indicative in this regard is the use of ginger for colds. It manifests itself perfectly until the patient's temperature rises above 39 degrees. In this case, a side effect of using the agent is possible in the form of an even greater increase in temperature, as well as provoking bleeding.
- This product works well in the treatment of various liver diseases, facilitating their course, however, with hepatitis, the opposite effect can be observed in the form of an exacerbation of the disease.
- Ginger root strengthens the walls of blood vessels, removes excess cholesterol from the blood, improves the activity of the heart muscle, but if the patient has high blood pressure, then this product can aggravate the situation (how does ginger affect blood pressure?).
- The problem can also arise when trying to clear blood vessels of cholesterol plaques with ginger, if the patient has frequent nosebleeds or hemorrhoids. The ability of the product to thin the blood seriously aggravates the course of these diseases.
- This remedy effectively fights against relieving stomach cramps. However, if at the same time the patient has ulcerative manifestations in the stomach or intestines, then the effect can be depressing.
- In the initial stage of pregnancy, ginger perfectly relieves attacks of nausea, but if the expectant mother has high blood pressure, then in such a situation the harm may outweigh the benefit.
So, ginger root can be both good and bad... Medicinal products based on it can effectively and diversely contribute to improving the state of human health. However, while not being real drugs, they can only be adjuncts, but not the main ones in the treatment of serious diseases.
We suggest watching a video about the benefits and contraindications of ginger: