We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Parsley has been known to everyone since time immemorial. It is very rich in vitamins C, A, K. Many people use it for weight loss, it normalizes digestion. By eating fresh parsley, you prolong your youthfulness, as greens reduce the level of free oxygen radicals in the body, which affect the aging process. We all love to decorate her dishes and give them a special piquant taste.
It is grown in almost every vegetable garden. It is also added to canning, to all winter preparations, to salads. How to accelerate seed germination in order to get a successful harvest? Let's take a closer look at this issue.
What is it and what is it for?
Seed preparation - applying various methods of seed treatment and checking their sowing qualities before sowing.
Parsley seeds germinate for a very long time, sometimes the period reaches 20-30 days, or even more. This process takes so long because the grains of the beloved plant are coated with essential oils that repel water. This feature must be taken into account when preparing parsley seeds for sowing.
What are the consequences if this is not done?
By neglecting the soaking procedure, growers get a less abundant crop. in their beds. With a lack of moisture, seeds can sprout up to a month or not at all, and when soaked, they will hatch on the 3-4th day.
Is there any difference in preparation before sowing in open ground, in a greenhouse and at home?
Whether you are growing your parsley at home, outdoors or in a greenhouse, you need to prepare the seeds if you want to get the best yields.
- When preparing seeds for planting in a greenhouse and open ground, they must be kept in wet gauze for 5-7 days. And then keep it for another 10 days in an environment with a temperature of -1 to +2 ° C.
- To plant seeds on the windowsill, it is enough to hold them in water for 2-3 days, dry them and can be sent to the ground.
Step-by-step instructions for preparing the grains to sprout quickly
Before sowing seeds, they must be sorted.
- We make a solution of water and table salt (2 grams per 100 ml.).
- We lower the seed into the resulting liquid for 10 minutes, the defective (empty) seeds will float up, we throw them away
- We wash the rest in running water and dry.
Parsley seeds are small and may not be suitable for aging in water. They need to be selected by density using a plastic stick rubbed on a cloth. Empty seeds electrify to the stick. This stage is carried out until all the defective seeds are removed.
To soak parsley seeds before planting, you need to take:
- cloth or gauze;
- small mold;
- We moisten a cloth, put it in a container, add seeds and put it in the shade. If you manage to maintain the soil moisture in the garden before the seeds emerge, then you do not need to soak them in advance.
- For faster germination, agronomists use milk for soaking, warmed up to +37 ° C, but it must be fresh, natural, not powdered. It is necessary to hold the seeds in milk for 18 hours, and then disinfect them before planting in potassium permanganate.
Use of growth stimulants
Many people use trace elements to accelerate growth when soaking seeds:
There are many chemical growth promoters available, but you can make your own. You can use natural products such as:
- potato juice, aloe;
- tincture of onion peel and ash.
Bubbling, or What and how to process
Air bubbling - seed treatment in water for quick germination, saturated with oxygen in the air. Thanks to him, the emergence of seedlings is sharply accelerated. It is possible to combine in it at once both the treatment with stimulants and the splitting of the seed coat. What is this method, i.e. what and how to process the seeds for quick germination?
- The grains are immersed in water with a temperature of +20 ° C, you can add epin or root (The ratio of seeds and liquid should be approximately 1: 4).
- After that, we immerse the hose from the aquarium compressor through which air enters. Oxygen comes out quite strongly and the seeds just bathe. Thus, gas treatment takes place, which increases seed germination by 30% and the germination period is also reduced.
Disinfection also occurs. The process takes about 12-18 hours.
You can increase the quality of bubbling with a funnel. For this:
- We attach the compressor tube to the neck.
- Place the seeds in a bag. The air gets directly onto the seeds and the number of hours of the process is reduced.
- After that, it is necessary to dry the seeds, but in no case in the sun, but in a ventilated room.
This method is considered one of the most advanced, as it is environmentally friendly. And it takes much less time than soaking, which is very pleasing to avid gardeners.
How to germinate grains quickly? There are several effective ways to do this.
- One way is to grow in scalded sawdust.
- We apply a layer of 5-7 mm, lay the fabric on top.
- We pour in the soaked seeds and again a layer of matter and sawdust. The temperature regime should be + 16-20 ° С.
- We are waiting for sprouts of 05-1 mm to appear. The process takes 4-6 days.
- The most famous method is germination in potassium permanganate.
- We send the seeds to the solution for several hours.
- And then into a rag. and wait until the roots sprout.
- Soaking in water. Moreover, it is possible, without waiting for the pecking process, to plant it in the ground. Sometimes they put seeds for a day before sowing. If you decide to hold it for several days, for greater effect, then you should not forget to change the water several times a day.
- An excellent result is obtained by soaking the seeds in melt water. Structured water is a natural biostimulant that strengthens plants and accelerates germination.
- To get rid of the oil film, you can douse the seeds with hot water, but it should not be heated to boiling water.
- A very simple way to accelerate growth is to soak in vodka.
- Pour a strong drink into the container.
- Place the seeds on the gauze and lower them for 15 minutes (it is not necessary for a longer period, you can burn it).
- We wash the seeds, dry them.
When buying seeds, many noticed that they did not look exactly like ordinary seeds, but were covered with a shell, sometimes even colored, that visually enlarged them.
Pellet coating is the enveloping of the seed with protective nutrient mixtures using a liquid adhesive. Thanks to this, the seeds are protected from pests.
This operation is not mandatory, but it significantly increases the germination energy, improves the conditions for seedling development.
Thanks to this technique, you can get the harvest 2 weeks earlier.
After this procedure:
- The seed increases in size, becomes more free-flowing, which reduces labor costs.
- When planting, the seeds fall evenly in depth and density. In the future, you do not have to thin out the plants.
- Germination takes place at the same time and contributes to the return of an early harvest.
- This method is especially effective for winter sowing. The shell does not allow moisture to penetrate in the fall and germination does not occur, and when spring comes, it swells when the snow melts and quickly gives the expected result.
Pelleted seeds can be purchased not only in the store, it is possible to carry out this process at home. This requires the following components:
- low-lying peat or humus, slaked with lime;
- 33% gelatin or clay can be used as an adhesive (must be mixed with sand 1: 3), but it is better to take a mullein diluted with water and then filtered through a sieve;
- mineral fertilizers (zinc sulfate, boric acid, copper superphosphate) can be added to the resulting mixture.
- We take the selected seeds, place them in a jar and spray them with an adhesive.
- After that, we begin to slowly add peat and shake the jar. The mixture covers the seeds with a thin layer.
- Spray again and shake and so on until a dragee with a diameter of 3-4 mm is formed. In order for the shell to become stronger, it is necessary to shake the pelleted seeds more in the container, only without adding anything.
- And the very last stage is dusting with road dust so that the resulting grains do not stick together.
If the resulting seed is not immediately planted in the ground, then it must be stored in a dark place, otherwise in the sun, the shell may melt. Such seeds also have disadvantages:
- it cannot be stored for a long time due to a lack of oxygen;
- it is necessary to make a certain humidity so that they do not germinate faster than necessary.
Before sowing, they, like ordinary ones, are soaked for several days.
Vernalization is a process of short cooling of seeds., with the aim of adapting them to the climate and encouraging intensive development. This procedure allows you to plant parsley at an earlier date.
- To carry out this procedure, it is necessary to soak the grains in water at room temperature (useful trace elements can be added), you need to stir them several times a day.
- As the water dries up, we cover it with a damp cloth, which we constantly keep in a wet state. The seeds stay warm for about 5-7 days.
- When they begin to swell, they must be refrigerated for 10-15 days, they can also be buried in snow or put on ice.
This method increases the germination by 3-9 days and improves the development of plants. It must be remembered that vernalization is carried out only at positive temperatures.
When to sow grain?
Parsley is often planted in open ground.
- It is very important that strong drying of germinated seeds is unacceptable. Therefore, immediately, after slightly drying the prepared material for disembarkation, we proceed to disembarkation. If it is not possible to plant seeds immediately, then you can briefly put them in the refrigerator.
- As soon as the ground begins to freeze (October-November), then you can plant seeds. But it is not advisable to soak them so that they do not germinate before winter. Greens are very fond of organic fertilizers, so before planting, it is worth fertilizing the soil with manure and ash, and do not spill furrows with water when sowing. This method of sowing is good because you will have a fragrant first greens in early spring.
- To provide yourself with both fresh herbs and parsley roots, start preparing for planting and sowing in early spring (as soon as the snow melts). But for this, the soil should be prepared in the fall.
- Parsley prefers well-lit fertile soil, but not waterlogged.
- Prepared parsley seeds, swollen or sprouted, we sow in the soil prepared in advance. It is not necessary to plant it densely, it is better that the grooves are 15 cm apart. And most importantly, it is good to compact the earth and shed it.
- You need to choose a site that you do not want to use for planting other plants, since parsley is a biennial green.
Don't forget to weed, shed soil, thin out. Weeds significantly slow down growth by taking up moisture and nutrients. Apply fertilizer a few days after germination and a week after the first application. When several leaves appear on the stem, the parsley can already be harvested and enjoy its taste and aroma.
With proper planting and proper care, you will enjoy your favorite greens throughout the season.