We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The dying off of orchid roots is not uncommon. If the plant is not properly monitored, the flower can lose its entire root system if the rules are not followed. But even in this state, the orchid can be reanimated.
To return to the previous form, you need to create comfortable conditions for her and treat her with special preparations to stimulate growth. The mechanism of their action and care during the use of funds is described in detail in this article.
Why do they need to be increased and what effect does this have on growth and flowering?
You can understand that the orchid needs to be saved by its external signs. Healthy roots exposed to sunlight should have a greenish tint, be firm and firm. The root system hidden inside the pot could be:
The roots, which have begun to die off, are soft to the touch, with dark spots and a putrid odor. If they are not cut off in time, the rot will spread to the stem.
If most of the root system is lost, it needs to be rebuilt. Without roots, the orchid cannot receive nutrients. First, its development stops, and the flowers fall. Gradually, the plant dies.
What growth stimulants exist: their mechanisms of action and instructions for use
To activate the growth of the root system, biological stimulants are used. They can include such active ingredients as vitamins, phytohormones of synthetic origin, plant extracts.
Growth stimulants not only contribute to the restoration of the root system, but also strengthen the plant's immunity, protect it from infection and decay. On sale you can find the following types of root formation products:
- Cytokines. Hormonal preparations that promote cell regeneration and prolong the life cycle of the orchid.
- Auxins. When used correctly, it stimulates the growth of roots and green mass.
- Gibberellins. Organic acids that have a positive effect on plant development and accelerate the onset of flowering.
How to use Kornevin?
This stimulant is considered to be the most popular and effective. Kornevin is a hormonal agent, the main active ingredient of which is indolebutyric acid. Upon penetration into the ground, the drug is converted into a phytohormone and activates the growth of the root system.
Kornevin should be used according to the following scheme:
- To prepare the solution, you need to dilute 5 g of the product in 5 liters of clean water.
- It is necessary to immerse the roots of the orchid in the resulting mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Plant phalaenopsis in a substrate or in water with an activated carbon tablet dissolved in it.
- Place the orchid in a warm, bright place.
Undiluted Kornevin powder can be used to treat cut sites and 1 cm above them.
After that, the orchid is placed in a moisture-retaining substrate. To protect the plant from fungal diseases, you can add a fungicide to the powder.
From the video you will learn how to grow orchid roots using Kornevin:
Processing by Maxim
Antibacterial agent, which contains exclusively natural ingredients. "Maxim" accelerates the growth of plants and increases their resistance to various diseases, including rotting.
The drug is used to treat orchid roots before planting in the ground. You should adhere to the following scheme:
- Free the phalaenopsis from the remains of the substrate.
- Cut off dry parts of the roots.
- Disinfect the sections.
- Dilute the drug at the rate of 2 ml per 1 liter.
- Spray the root system liberally and let it dry.
- Place the plant in fresh substrate.
The drug helps to revive even such capricious flowers as orchids. It prolongs the life cycle of a flower, activates its growth and awakens dormant buds in a short time.
It is unacceptable to lubricate the root system with paste. The agent is applied only to the basal bud.
Vitamin cocktails for building the root system
Vitamins are necessary for feeding the orchid in order to grow roots and stimulate its development. You can prepare the vitamin complex yourself. It should include the following substances:
- a nicotinic acid;
- vitamin B12;
- vitamin B1;
- vitamin B.
It is necessary to take one ampoule of each vitamin and dilute them in 1 liter of water. The resulting cocktail can be poured under the root 1-2 times a month. It is also useful to spray them with the green mass of phalaenopsis.
Watch a video on how to make a vitamin cocktail for growing roots in an orchid and how to store it:
Caring for the plant while using stimulants
After applying any root growth stimulant, the plant must be provided with a comfortable environment. There are two principles of germination: in the greenhouse and in the air. If the root system is completely dead, the greenhouse must be preferred.
- For its manufacture, a container is suitable, on the bottom of which a layer of expanded clay should be poured.
- On top you need to lay out the disinfected with hot steam and cleaned sphagnum.
- The substrate must be moistened and a leaf outlet should be placed in it. Phalaenopsis should be kept in the greenhouse until the new roots are 3-5 cm long.
In a container that plays the role of a greenhouse, it is necessary to maintain an air humidity of 70 to 100% and a temperature of at least 22 0C. Duration of daylight hours - from 12 to 14 hours a day.
If a certain number of roots remain, you can do without a radical change in the conditions for keeping the flower and plant it in a pot with a substrate or a container of water. In the latter case, experienced flower growers recommend adding 1 tsp to the liquid. honey or sugar syrup.
Phalaenopsis needs to be looked after as follows:
- Maintain the air temperature in the room from +23 to +25 0C.
- Ventilate the room regularly to provide oxygen.
- An orchid needs a sufficient amount of diffused light.
- The optimum humidity is 50 to 60%.
- Phalaenopsis placed in a pot should be watered once a week. In the interval between waterings, the substrate should have time to dry out.
- Spraying should be done daily.
- Every 10-14 days, you need to make top dressing based on phosphorus and potassium.
Problems of using activators and methods for their elimination
Root growth activators may not be used in all cases. The use of drugs should be abandoned if phalaenopsis has recently been transplanted or infected. The stimulant will not benefit young orchids either.
If the buds have already formed, it is recommended to use the stimulant after the end of flowering. In this case, do not forget about personal protective equipment and strictly adhere to the recommended dosage. An excess of the drug can cause root decay. In case of accidental overdose of the drug, the roots should be rinsed as soon as possible and placed in a fresh substrate.
If the orchid has completely lost its roots, using growth stimulants is the only way to help the plant. But we must not forget that these are concentrated preparations that must be used according to the dosage indicated in the instructions. Otherwise, the condition of the flower may deteriorate.