We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Each business can be improved by an order of magnitude - this also applies to convenient ways of sowing carrots, so that later you do not waste time and effort on thinning.
Agricultural technicians recommend using a variety of improvised means - from river sand to seeders. You can use dyed seed pellets or pelletize the seed yourself.
From the article you will learn how to sow carrot seeds in open ground without thinning, you will find many different methods with detailed instructions.
Sowing without thinning - what does it mean?
Cultivating carrots, many gardeners are faced with the need for a difficult and time-consuming procedure. Thinning is required 2 times:
- With 2-3 leaves.
- With 5-6 sheets.
When thinning, you can accidentally pull out excess seedlings or damage nearby ones, impairing their growth. The remaining seedlings grow more slowly, weaken, the roots are small.
Using proven techniques, carrots are grown without thinning - do not pull or disturb the seedlings. There are options to sow carrots so as not to thin out later:
- Breeding seeds with sand, paste.
- The use of markers, belts, seeders, accessories.
- Pelleting or sowing with granules.
- Germination in bags by soaking.
Step-by-step instructions with ratios: how to sow quickly and correctly so that it sprouts better?
The best options for sowing carrots is planting seeds at an optimal distance of up to 5-7 cm.
There are a number of ways to do this easily and inexpensively. The advantage of the techniques is the even distribution over the beds, the acceleration of sowing by 2-3 times. You can use such materials at hand - sand, paste, bag, strainers and salt shakers.
When using sand, shoots appear quickly, and everyone has a budgetary tool at hand. In what quantity are the components mixed:
- 0.5 buckets of dried sand;
- 2 tbsp seed material.
- Mix thoroughly to distribute the seeds evenly.
- Moderately moistened with water, left for a quarter of an hour.
- Sow in grooves and sprinkle with earth evenly.
- Rows are well spilled with water.
In order not to thicken the seedlings, planting with a pinch is used. Nuances of conducting:
- 1 tbsp seed material is mixed with half a glass of sand.
- Sow with a pinch into grooves 2 cm deep.
- Sprinkle on top with a layer of 2-3 cm.
- Tamp down slightly.
Using egg cells
Egg packaging - the perfect solution for planting carrots... Simultaneously fasten 2 or more cassettes to obtain a strong, non-soaking structure. The mold is pressed into the ground and rows of even sowing holes are obtained. Plant 1-2 seeds. Minus in the long time-consuming unfolding of seeds.
We suggest watching a video about sowing carrot seeds using egg cells:
Modern planters plant carrot seeds at the same depth, even distance. The devices are adjustable, using the settings they change:
- The number of seeds poured out at a time is 1 or more.
- The depth touched.
Seeders are indispensable for planting large areas in farms and subsidiary plots.
You can make a convenient device yourself, you will need:
- aluminum tube for handles;
- galvanized sheet metal.
- 1mm holes are drilled in the sheet.
- Reinforce aluminum tube handles.
- They put a hopper with seeds.
- Configured for an even rash.
Useful models of seeders:
- From a bar.
In a bag
The original method helps to grow large root crops. Among the pluses - early ripening, excellent taste and marketability, prolonged keeping quality.
- The seeds are put in a bag made of natural material - linen or canvas.
- After the snow melts, the package is buried in a hole, the place is marked.
- The seeds are dug out after 15-20 days when they germinate.
- Gently mix the seedlings with clean sand.
They are planted in prepared grooves. The beds are covered with foil to protect the seedlings. from return frosts.
We offer you to watch a video about sowing carrots in a bag:
The purpose of the method is to increase the size of the seed to facilitate planting.
Pelleting can be done at home... First, low-quality, deformed, small, overdried seeds are selected and discarded. Then disinfection is carried out in 1% potassium permanganate.
During the procedure, mix:
- 4 parts mullein, powdered.
- 1 part seeds.
When landing in recesses, the following parameters are maintained:
- The distance between the holes is 8-10 cm.
- Diameter up to 2 cm.
- Depth about 2 cm.
Place 2-3 seeds in each groove. In the course of growth, the beds do not need special thinning. Extra carrots from the holes from mid-June are pulled out for food.
If planted in grooves, flour is pre-poured. Seeds are placed individually at a distance of 4-5 cm.
With the mouth
One of the oldest and most unusual ways. How is it carried out:
- A pack of seeds is poured into a jar.
- Standing water is poured at a temperature of 30 degrees.
- Liquid is collected in the mouth and sprinkled into the grooves, as when ironing.
With this planting technique, the seedlings germinate together and evenly.
The coated brightly colored granules are conveniently sown into grooves or tiny pits, which are made with a stick. Seeds from agricultural producers are wrapped in a mixture of the following nutrients:
- Fertilizers and minerals.
- Dry hydrogel.
The gel shell with mineral dressing keeps moisture well. They sow in grooves at a distance of 5 cm. Such varieties produced in granules Samson, Vitamin 6 have proven themselves well.
Read about planting carrots in granules here.
Agricultural technicians advise planting wet seeds in the groundif cultivation is planned without thinning. Soaking steps:
- For 2 hours, the seed is placed in settled water at a temperature of 20-24 degrees.
- Transfer to a moistened cloth, cover with a wet napkin.
- Moisten regularly to avoid drying out.
- After pecking, the seedlings are hardened for 10 days in the refrigerator.
They are sown in moist soil, the beds are well watered.
What is mixed with?
The ideal option is to mix carrot seeds and early radishes. To facilitate sowing, coarse river sand is additionally poured.
What is the trick of the method:
- In the beginning, the radish emerges and grows, which is quickly eaten.
- Space is made available for carrots, the seedlings of which are just beginning to appear.
- Thanks to mixing, seedlings germinate at a sufficient distance and do not need to be thinned.
For mixed plantings, garden plants are chosen that ripen before carrots. Radishes can be mixed with a variety of other crops:
- Lettuce salad.
If mixed plantings are carried out in the same row, be sure to fertilize the garden in advance... Otherwise, food may not be enough for several crops, and the carrots will grow small.
Using a strainer or salt shaker
With the help of available tools, you can easily plant carrots and not thin them out later. Sowing is carried out through:
- salt shaker;
- packaging for toothpicks;
- a plastic bottle with a cut hole.
The seeds should not pass through the hole quickly so that the seedlings are not dense. Holes should be 1-1.2 mm in size.
How to plant:
- Pour the seeds into the tool.
- Sow carefully in the grooves, passing along the beds.
- Sprinkle with a layer of 2 cm.
- Watering from a watering can.
We offer you to watch a video about sowing carrots through a homemade strainer:
A convenient option using starch or flour. How nutritious paste is prepared:
- Complex minerals are diluted in water.
- Pour starch or flour powder in a ratio of 1 tbsp. for 1 liter. liquids.
- Brew over low heat.
After cooling to 30-35 degrees, the seeds are added, shaken thoroughly for mixing. A thin stream is poured into the grooves prepared in advance.
We offer you to watch a video about planting carrots with paste:
Initial care after planting
In the initial stages, there are features of growing carrots:
- Regular loosening of the beds or mulching the row spacings with straw.
- Sprinkling soil around root crops.
- The use of potassium-phosphorus mixtures for feeding at the growth stage.
- Watering at least 2-3 times a week as the soil dries up.
- Timely weeding.
- Pest control.
A positive effect is the combination of planting with garlic, tomatoes, cucumbers.
What are the mistakes and how to avoid them?
Due to the agro-technical features that must be performed, growth may slow down and yield deteriorates. So do not use fertilizers such as liquid mullein for carrot beds or droppings. Because of this, roots can rot.
What is also undesirable when planting carrots:
|Errors||Effects||How to avoid|
|Failure to comply with the terms of moisture and soaking of seeds||Rotting, fungal infection||Follow instructions clearly|
|High concentration of minerals when soaking||Shock for embryos Germination problems||Observe the dilution dosage|
|Deep landing||Delayed germination||Optimum depth 1.5-2 cm|
|Waterlogging of the soil||Seed death due to oxygen deficiency||Moderate moisture during sowing and further 2-3 times a week|
|Drying out of the soil||Drying seedlings||Compliance with the frequency of irrigation|
Planting seeds so you don't thin out later is pretty easy. Effective methods help to avoid time-consuming breakout of seedlings. Seedlings are strong and strong, roots grow juicy and large.