We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Among the leafy vegetables, basil is one of the most common in cooking. Not only the leaves, but also the seeds of the plant have valuable nutritional and medicinal properties.
For men, the most beneficial varieties are lemon, mint and eugenol basil, the use of which helps to gently strengthen and support men's health.
In the article, we will consider in detail the beneficial properties for men, as well as contraindications for use.
The composition and benefits of the vegetable
Chemical composition (per 100 grams):
- Calorie content - 25 Kcal (1.5% of the daily value for men).
- Proteins - 2.3 g.
- Fat - 0.4 g.
- Carbohydrates - 2.8 g.
- Water - 93.0 g.
- Pectins - 1.5 g.
- retinol - 27 mg;
- riboflavin - 45 mg;
- thiamine - 23.9 mg;
- pantothenic acid - 24.3 mg;
- folic acid - 17 mg;
- choline - 1.2 mg;
- vitamin B12 - 34 mcg;
- ascorbic acid - 20.1 mg;
- cholecalciferol - 3.4 mg;
- tocopherol - 1.1 mg;
- vitamin K - 346 mg;
- vitamin PP - 11.7 mg.
- calcium - 17.5 mg;
- zinc - 4.5 mg;
- phosphorus - 7.2 mg;
- sodium - 0.3 mg;
- magnesium - 12.3 mg;
- selenium - 0.9 mg;
- chlorine - 1.2 mg;
- iron - 17.6 mg;
- manganese - 65.7 mg;
- selenium - 0.5 mg;
- chromium - 1.2 mcg.
Benefits of basil for men:
- Improving blood circulation to the pelvic organs and genitals.
- Strengthening potency, sex drive and libido.
- Increasing the duration of sexual intercourse, maintaining erectile function.
- Restoration of the outflow of fluid from the prostate gland and the fight against edema of the genitals.
- Improving venous outflow.
- Maintaining the normal process of spermatogenesis by increasing the pressure in the pelvic organs.
- Rapid replenishment of protein levels in the body.
- Improving the quality and duration of sleep.
- Reducing smoking addiction.
- Improving attention, which is important for men working in transport.
General health benefits of basil:
- On the part of the skin - an increase in skin elasticity, regeneration of mucous membranes, acceleration of wound healing, elimination of itching and edema, purulent skin diseases.
- On the part of the general condition - strengthening antiviral immunity, increasing attention.
- On the part of the gastrointestinal tract - accelerating the absorption of nutrients, stimulating the secretion of gastric juice and bile, improving peristalsis, removing toxins.
- Strengthens hair, nails, gums and teeth.
- On the part of the genitourinary tract - a moderate diuretic effect, cleansing the kidneys from salts, a beneficial effect on reproductive function.
- From the side of the cardiovascular system - an increase in blood pressure, an increase in the work of the heart.
- Cancer prevention.
- Excretion of mucus from the respiratory tract, coughing effect.
- Decrease in blood sugar levels.
You can find out all the details about the beneficial properties and contraindications to the use of basil in a separate article.
Indications for use
- Acute respiratory viral diseases.
- Loss of memory, attention, concentration.
- Bleeding gums.
- Venous congestion in organs, varicose veins.
- Low blood pressure.
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Diseases of the skin and mucous membranes.
- Digestive disorders, gastritis.
- Kidney disease.
Can it harm the body and are there any contraindications for use?
Basil has the ability to accumulate mercury, which is harmful to humanstherefore it is not recommended to eat this plant for more than 3 weeks without interruption. The break in taking the basil should be at least 10 days.
Basil can be harmful when combined with certain medications (affecting the heart, clotting system, antibiotics), therefore, if you are taking medications and basil at the same time, you should consult your doctor.
Contraindications to the use of basil are:
- suffered a heart attack and stroke;
- transient ischemic attack;
- pre- and postoperative period;
- increased acidity of the stomach;
- peptic ulcer in the acute stage;
- individual intolerance.
- do not use in any form for more than 20 days without interruption;
- do not eat more than the recommended daily allowance;
- do not store basil in a humid place.
How to use: frequency and dosage
For men, basil can be used both fresh and dried, frozen, canned, thermally processed. Both greens and plant seeds are eaten. Without a break, basil can be consumed daily for no more than 3 weeks, after which a break is taken for 10 days and, if necessary, continue to be taken. The maximum daily amount of basil allowed for consumption is 100 grams.
What can you cook?
From the seeds and leaves of basil, infusions and decoctions with honey, combined medicinal teas, a vitamin mixture with oils, cold medicinal drinks, vegetable salads are prepared.
Basil is added as a seasoning to any vegetable and meat dishes to taste. Basil seeds, when chopped, can be added to the dough when baking. They also prepare mouthwash solutions and make essential oil from basil for external and internal use. Outwardly for the skin, basil is crushed and added to ointments and pastes, lotions are prepared from the leaves.
Step by step cooking recipes
Dessert with seeds
- 30 grams of basil seeds;
- 200 ml of water;
- 100 ml of berry or fruit syrup.
- Rinse basil seeds and cover with a glass of water.
- Stir, leave to swell for 20 minutes.
- Add syrup, stir.
- Refrigerate until cool.
Application: inside, 300 ml of dessert in 3 divided doses, half an hour before meals. The course is 10 days.
- 10 grams of lemon basil seeds.
- 200 ml of water.
- Sugar, lemon, or honey to taste.
- Rinse basil seeds, pour 200 ml of warm water for 30 minutes.
- Add lemon, honey or sugar, stir.
- Consume cold.
Application: inside, 200 ml per day once, regardless of meals. The course is 10 days.
- 300 grams of zucchini;
- 200 grams of green beans;
- 150 grams of red bell pepper;
- 50 grams of cherry tomato;
- 50 grams of fresh basil leaves;
- garlic, vegetable oil, salt to taste.
- Rinse vegetables and chop finely.
- Boil the zucchini for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix all the vegetables.
- Rinse the basil leaves, chop finely, add to the vegetable mixture.
- Add spices and garlic to taste.
- Use olive oil or corn oil as a dressing.
Application: inside, 200 grams of salad half an hour before the main meal. The course is 20 days, then a break of 10 days, if necessary, repeat the course.
"Royal herb", as basil is also called, is useful not only for men, but also for the female body. The enzymes that are included in the rich composition of this plant help the process of losing weight and burn excess fat deposits well. Basil also saves from insomnia, various nervous conditions and perfectly relieves migraine pain. But for pregnant women, there are contraindications for the use of this spice.
What other leafy vegetables are good for men?
Among the leafy vegetables for men, the most useful are chard, arugula, lamb lettuce, collard greens, Japanese cabbage, spinach, mustard, lettuce, kale purple cabbage, Romano salad, corn, celery.
Basil is a source of a large amount of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for men's health and have a beneficial effect on the functions of the nervous system, intestines, lungs, and genitals. Regular use of fresh and dried basil seeds and leaves helps to maintain health throughout the year and to prevent acute and chronic diseases.