We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Radish is one of the earliest vegetable crops, which makes it possible to compensate for the lack of vitamins at the beginning of the season. The growing season of radish is short, so the crop can be grown throughout the season, starting in early spring.
For sowing radishes in the soil, it is recommended to use seeders. Let's talk about what they are, the differences between each type, as well as the pros and cons of this method of planting radish seeds in the ground.
What it is?
Radish seeders are mechanical or automated devices capable of placing seeds in the soil evenly at the required depth and making markings for subsequent rows.
In the process of sowing radish, three types of seeders are used: motoblock, for a tractor and manual.
- Seeder for walk-behind tractor - attachments used for quick sowing of small grains and seeds into the soil at no extra cost.
Motoblock seeders differ in the seeding method:
- nesting: crops are sown in the soil with nests;
- ordinary, evenly and at the same time placing seeds in rows;
- Precision seeding: seed along the dotted line is located in the soil in a wide row at equal intervals;
- square-nested: seeds are in the soil in a pre-marked square;
- scattered: chaotic placement of seeds in the intended area.
A feature of the seeder for a walk-behind tractor is that it allows you to make 6-8 rows at a time.
- Tractor seeder allows you to cover a large area. Such seeders are distinguished by high productivity, but due to their massiveness they are mainly used in industrial cultivation of crops. Another difference between the machine is the number of rows for simultaneous sowing - from twelve.
- Manual seeders... The main differences from those discussed above are small size, no fuel costs and ease of storage. This device works on a wheel drive, while the seeds are placed in replaceable rollers and, with the help of a dispenser, are evenly placed in predetermined rows.
According to the principle of operation, seeders are also divided into pneumatic, mechanical and vacuum.
Their main differences:
- Pneumatic seeder allow to "shoot" the seeds into the soil, which promotes rapid germination, provides an opportunity to apply fertilizers simultaneously with the seeds.
- Mechanical sows seeds into the soil simultaneously with the movement of the machine, but there is a threat of the seed bouncing off the soil, which reduces the number of shoots.
- Vacuum seeder has a pump adapted for uniform sowing of the crop into the soil and allows you to regulate both the distribution of seeds and the level of pressure.
What is it used for?
For a good harvest of radish, adherence to the recommendations for sowing is required. These include both equal spacing between seeds in the soil and the required depth at which each seed must be placed so that the roots do not deform and do not lose their taste during growth and ripening.
Using a seeder will allow you to adhere to all recommendations when sowing radishes in the ground.
Pros and cons of different types of tool
|Seeder for walk-behind tractor||Seeder for tractor||Manual seeder|
Which is better: buy or do it yourself?
For planting radishes, both a seeder purchased in a specialized store and a do-it-yourself seeder are used. In the first case, knowledge of the parameters of the seeder is required in order to make the right choice. You can make a seeder with your own hands if you have the necessary materials.
Features of choice depending on
From the principle of action
Manual seeder has a marker that marks the next row.
The mechanisms on the seeder allow you to control the amount of sown seeds and the width of the row spacing. The seeds are covered with earth with the help of a rake.
Seeder for walk-behind tractor has several bunkers for seeds and allows simultaneous sowing of crops in several rows.
- Seeder for tractor sows seeds from bunkers by gravity, they fall into the inter-disc space, and then are covered with earth using the shelf mechanisms of the seeder.
From the price
- Manual seeder economical The cost depends on the complexity of the mechanisms and the number of bins.
For sowing radishes, both a budgetary small seeder is used, but this will be time-consuming, as well as a more expensive, but functional seeder with a large number of mechanisms.
- Seeder for walk-behind tractor expensive. The cost can vary from 7,000 to 25,000 rubles. The cost depends on how many rows the seeder will allow to sow at the same time.
- Seeder on tractor can be purchased at a price of 58,000 rubles. The price depends on the complexity of the mechanism and the manufacturer.
- Manual seeders can be broadcasted and precision seeding. The spreading mechanism places seeds in the soil chaotically, the precision planter allows you to sow the crop in pre-marked rows. The second type seeder is suitable for small areas and saves seeds.
- Seeders for walk-behind tractor are ordinary, placing seeds in rows with subsequent embedding in the ground, nesting (seeds are in rows), dotted, when seeds are placed in rows parallel to each other, as well as scattered (seeds are scattered over the ground). For sowing radishes, it is convenient to use an ordinary seeder on a walk-behind tractor, since it is the sowing method carried out by it that allows you to place the crop in the soil in compliance with all the recommendations.
- Seeder for tractor there is an ordinary. nested, dotted, direct seeding. The choice of a seeder for a tractor according to this principle depends on the size of the cultivated area.
From the manufacturer
- Purchase manual seeder available from manufacturers in Ukraine, Belarus and Russia.
- Seeders for walk-behind tractor produced in Russia and Belarus. American and German manufacturers also offer high-tech seeders, their cost when buying is higher than domestic counterparts.
- Seeder for tractor can be purchased from Belarusian, Russian and foreign production. The latter offer a tool with more functions than domestic manufacturers.
- Manual seeder... The working width depends on the number of bins. In a multi-row seeder it is higher, while a single-row seeder allows you to cover up to 24 centimeters when sowing. The larger the area, the larger the working width of the seeder is better to choose.
- Seeder for walk-behind tractor depending on the model, it has a working width from 100 cm to 8 meters. The wider the row of the drill, the wider the working width. It is worth focusing on this indicator when choosing, based on the size of the cultivated area.
- Seeder for tractor has a working width of 4 to 12 meters. The larger the sowing area, the greater the working width of the seeder is required.
From seed consumption
- Manual seeder for radishes it has a low seed consumption.
A precision seeder will reduce consumption, while the spreading mechanism increases the number of seeds sown. The first option will allow you to save money.
- Seeder for walk-behind tractor allows you to regulate the consumption of seeds. The seed drills and nest drills are characterized by reduced consumption, while the scatter drills increase this indicator. The wider the row and the wider the working width of the drill, the higher the flow rate.
- Seeder for tractor on average, it allows sowing 170 kg of seeds per 1 hectare of land. The seeding rate on such seeders is adjustable and depends on the row of a particular type of seeder. The larger the territory, the more consumption is required.
Comparison table of models
|Seeder manual||Seeder for walk-behind tractor||Seeder for tractor|
|Width between rows||50cm||Width between rows||16-50cm||Width between rows||5-70cm|
|Seed sowing depth||1-5 cm||Seed sowing depth||10-60 mm||Sowing depth||1-8 cm|
|Width between rows||7 cm||Width between rows||150mm||Width between rows||25-70 cm|
|Seed sowing depth||1-5 cm||Sowing depth||Up to 60 mm||Sowing depth||1-8 cm|
Where and for how much can you buy the equipment?
A manual seeder in Moscow can be purchased at a price of 6,990 rubles, in St. Petersburg - from 4,550 rubles. Seeders for a walk-behind tractor are more expensive... The minimum cost in Moscow and St. Petersburg is from 29,500 rubles. The average cost of a seeder for a tractor in Moscow is 31,900 rubles, in St. Petersburg - 30,800 rubles.
The main care of the radish planter is to regularly check the serviceability of all mechanisms, as well as to clean them of dust, dirt, soil residues and seeds after each use. At the end of the sowing process, it is recommended to check and lubricate the rubbing parts.
For this, grease is suitable, which is applied until the oil protrudes from the gaps. At the beginning and end of the season it is recommended to replace piston discs, shafts and clean seed hoppers (This applies especially to vacuum seed drills) Store the seed drills in a dry, enclosed area.
Malfunctions may occur during operation of the drill.
- When the seeding rate is not being maintained, check the regulator lever. If it is not properly secured, it is necessary to tighten the part.
- With an uneven distribution of seeds, the length of the coils is leveled in the event of their divergence, uncleaned seeds are removed from the hopper, which can clog the gaps.
- If the seeding depth is not satisfactory, check the coulter discs. There may be soil adhered to them, or the drill is not properly adjusted.
- Have you stopped sowing fertilizers? Clean the seed hopper and seed holes.
Step-by-step instructions: how to make a device for planting radishes yourself?
To plant radishes, a hand-made seeder is also suitable.... This requires only the necessary inventory and materials from which it will be collected.
- galvanized (1);
- metal tube (2);
- metal plates 1.5 mm thick (3 and 4);
- support screws (5);
- guide axle (5);
- screw (6);
- flat brush with a metal frame (7);
- wheels (8).
List with step-by-step detailed manufacturing:
- In the metal axle (2), you need to make holes for the seeds of the size you need.
- The drawing shows two types of recesses, 4 and 6 mm in size.
- The axle must be secured with two rings (9) to move it freely to the right and left.
- It is inserted into the drill body.
- Then rings are put on it, which fix the axis.
- We attach wheels (8) on both sides of the metal tube.
- We attach a rail or a cut from a flat-walled tube to the metal plate (4), which will be an imitation of a handle.
When installing the axle, the side plates can be made to the required size.
The gaps between the tube and the plates should be kept to a minimum to prevent seeds from getting stuck in them. The hopper can be made from any plastic container or bottle with a neck of the desired diameter and secured to the top of the tube.
The seeder is ready. The holes in the axle must be drilled with a diameter that matches the size of the seed to be sown.
We offer you to watch a video instruction on how to make a do-it-yourself radish seeder:
The main difficulty in the manufacture of a seeder may be the absence of one or another element, as well as the difficulty in selecting parts. To avoid this, it is necessary to calculate the dimensions of the planned seeder as accurately as possible and find out its immediate purpose.
Whatever the seeder is - purchased in a specialized store or assembled by hand - it will in any case make it easier to sow the site and provide an opportunity to get a good harvest at the end of the season.