We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
On the festive table, a pickled cucumber occupies a respectable place.
Many housewives know that it is not difficult to prepare a vegetable in the summer, but for many this venture ends in failure.
Therefore, it is worth knowing the effective secrets.
Rules for the selection of vegetables
- Pay attention to varieties.
Favorite, Nezhinsky, Competitor, Muromsky, Nosovsky, Era, Etaap, Cascade, Voronezhsky, Altai, Beregovoy, Avangard, Vyaznikovsky 37 are usually suitable for salting.
Among the new varieties and hybrids, Khabar, Merry Guys, Zasolochny, Herman, Parisian Gherkin, Lilliput, F1 Nightingale, F1 Courage, F1 Semcross, etc. are suitable.
- The size of the vegetable is 5–13 cm, it must be short-fruited.
- By the degree of maturity, the cucumbers must be fully ripe.
- The peel of pickled cucumbers is distinguished by a lumpy surface, black and prickly spines, and sufficient thickness.
- In terms of freshness, vegetables should be firm, firm and have a cool skin. Otherwise, the cucumbers will be tasteless when salted.
- The color of the product should be deep green without yellowing... Overripe fruit has hard seeds and peel.
- The taste of vegetables should be pleasant, without bitterness. If the cucumber is bitter, it will remain so in salting.
The secret to the taste of salted vegetables
There are hundreds of recipes for pickling cucumbers, all of which are based on horseradish, salt and dill. To make the product different in taste, add combinations of seasonings: garlic, amaranth, oak leaves, currants and cherries, laurel.
The following recipe can be used.
For 1 three-liter jar, take a horseradish leaf, 10 amaranth leaves, 5 currant leaves, 1 dill umbrella, 3 bay leaves, 2 garlic cloves, 3 black peppercorns, 60 g of table salt.
Cucumbers are washed and kept for 2-6 hours in cold water. It needs to be changed 2-3 times.
Spices are first put into the jar, then the first row of cucumbers vertically, which fit tightly to each other. The rest of the rows can be laid at the discretion of the hostess.
The tails of vegetables can be trimmed or not - this is also a choice.
Having taken the right amount of water for the brine, you should pour it into a saucepan, add 50 g of salt per 1 liter, boil and pour the vegetables.
So cucumbers should ferment for 3 to 5 days at room temperature. If the house has a basement, you should close the jars with tight plastic lids and leave them for the winter.
You can roll up with tin lids, before draining the brine and filling with freshly prepared dressing.
The best taste of cucumbers is obtained when, 5 days before the new moon, vegetables are poured with brine, then rolled up and lowered into the cellar.
To avoid mold, place horseradish roots in thin slices in the jar. If vegetables are salted in a barrel, it must be evaporated with a decoction of thyme, dill and other fragrant herbs.
Mustard powder added as 1–2 teaspoons will prevent fermentation.
Features of pickling cucumbers
It is easy to marinate this product, while the rolls are perfectly preserved, and the taste is such that vegetables are used independently without additives as a side dish.
Choose cucumbers for pickling in the same way as for pickling. The secret of taste is in the marinade.
The basis for all recipes is a mixture of sugar, salt, spices and herbs (black peppercorns, bay leaves, allspice, garlic, clove buds), vinegar (or other food acid).
The proportion is important - the taste of the product depends on the amount of spices.
For the marinade, you should take 1 liter of water, 2 tbsp. l. salt, 3 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar, 9% vinegar - 100 g. Cucumbers are pickled in several ways:
- Pouring boiling water... A marinade or boiling water is poured into a jar with spices and vegetables 2-3 times for 3-5 minutes. Add vinegar one last time and order a jar.
- Cold way... The marinade is poured into a jar without heating, which is immediately rolled up.
- Sterilization... Banks with packed contents are sterilized.