Many people bypass the possibility of preparing dried fruits for the winter, leaving the fruits to rot in the garden.
Although sun-dried apples are a combination of the most important vitamins and mineralsnecessary for the normal functioning of the human body, which, especially, are lacking in the winter season.
There are many ways and recipes for making dried apples at home. But you should not limit yourself to this, everyone has a chance to be noted for originality, contributing to the preparation, and surprise relatives and friends.
What is apple curing? Curing apples - the process of drying fruits naturally in the sun... Of course, this technology is only suitable for owners of country houses and backyard plots, but residents of high-rise buildings do not remain without dried fruits for the winter, using ovens, microwave ovens, special electric dryers and other kitchen appliances for drying.
Today there are many recipes for curing apples. with added sugar, cinnamon and other ingredients.
Although it is unlikely that the old-fashioned way of cooking dried fruits is distorted more use: additives only kill the taste of a natural product or even turn it into an abundance of harmful components.
About the benefits
What are the benefits of sun-dried apples?
Dried fruits - universal product, which has no contraindications: they are recommended to be eaten by both the elderly and pregnant women.
And the presence of a complex of useful microelements makes apples a real a storehouse of vitamins.
Phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, iron, sodium, sodium, copper improve the functioning of the gastric tract organs, normalize metabolic processes in the body, and improve blood quality.
Pectincontained in dried fruits, lowers cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Stabilizes bowel function, preventing dangerous connections linger in the body.
Iodine - an important component of dried fruits. More than half of the world's population suffers from a lack of minerals in the body, which leads to disruption of metabolic processes and to a decrease in the level of cell growth. Thanks to the presence phytoncides the development of harmful bacteria and fungi is prevented.
In addition to all this, dried fruits retain their beneficial properties for long storage time. They can be an excellent substitute for chips and crackers in winter, and are also suitable for making compote.
What varieties are suitable for this?
For drying, varieties with a dense structure, juicy pulp and sweet and sour taste of the variety are best suited:
- Antonovka... Fruits are larger than average in size, after ripening, they have a yellow-green color. They have an original sour taste. The crop is harvested at the end of September. Shelf life in natural form is up to three months.
- Golden Delicious... The variety has American roots. Differs in dense pulp and a lot of juice. Medium-sized fruits no more than 200 grams. Stored until April.
- Pepin saffron... Gained popularity for its aromatic, juicy pulp. The structure of the pulp is dense. Small fruits are yellowish with red sides. Shelf life until March.
- Mac... Another variety from America.
Perfect for drying due to its dense structure and juicy pulp.
Ripe fruits are pink in color, have a pleasant aroma and sweet and sour taste.
Also suitable for drying Semerenko, Granny Smith, Grand, Ranet other. The choice of a variety depends on the taste preferences of the culinary specialist.
How to prepare apples for drying:
- sort out only ripe, not beaten and not wormy apples;
- the fruit is cut, and cored... After that, the apples are cut into slices no more than 1 cm thick;
- in order to preserve the natural color during the drying process, the fruits are placed in brine for 1-2 minutes. For preparation, 20 g of salt is diluted in 1 liter of water. This consistency will not affect the taste characteristics of dried fruits in any way. If you are satisfied with the darkened color of sun-dried apples, carry out soaking procedure - not necessary;
- further directly comes drying stage fruit.
Drying at home
In the sun
Natural drying of apples the most rational and correct the process of preparing dried fruits. As a result, the fruits retain useful vitamins and minerals.
How to make sun-dried apples? The process includes the following steps:
- after preparing and cutting the fruits, the apple slices are evenly laid out on a baking sheet, grid or wire rack. After the vessel with future dried fruits is placed outdoors with direct sunlight;
- so that the fruits do not rot, but dry, air temperature must be high;
- there is an option string the sliced fruit... This method is less laborious, and apples take up less space;
- natural drying in the open air takes a few days, therefore, apples should be harvested at night and during rain.
In the oven
If you don't want to wait a long time, you can use the oven for drying:
- the cooked slices are evenly smoothed on a baking sheet and placed in the oven;
- before the appearance a kind of crust on fruits, drying takes place at a temperature of 50 ° C. Then the temperature is increased to 70 ° C;
- at the final stage, the temperature is once again reduced and slightly open the doorto allow steam to escape freely from the oven;
- the whole process takes no more than 6 hours.
First recipe. How to dry apples in the oven? For cooking you need ingredients:
- fresh apples - 1 kg;
- sugar 200 gr.
The sliced fruit is placed in a saucepan and covered with sugar. The vessel is placed in the refrigerator for the night... In the morning, the resulting juice is poured, and the slices are laid out on a baking sheet. Drying is performed at 65 ° C and with the oven door slightly open. Later 3 hours dried fruits are ready to eat.
Previously drained juice can act as compote.
Second recipe involves the use of several varieties of apples:
- after preparing and cutting the fruit into rings different varieties are mixedeg sweet with sour or unleavened with sour;
- fruits fall asleep sugar and kept at temperatures of 18-20 ° C;
- at the expiration of 16 hours drain the juice;
- the procedure for aging apples in sugar with further draining of the juice is carried out twice;
- further drying is performed in the oven or outdoors.
Often, at the time of pouring sugar into apples, they add lemon juice... For this, it is enough to take one citrus.
Apples drying procedure will not be difficult and will give you the opportunity to enjoy a delicious delicacy in the cold season.
You will learn how to cook sun-dried apples with sugar in the oven by watching this video: